| Erasmus Calix Blackback, better known by his derivative moniker "Rascal", is a Striped skunk - a respectable, orthodox species amongst his kind and testament to his pedigree and good breeding; Rascal proudly claims that he is able to directly trace his lineage back to the founding Blackbacks with no dilution of blood, although whether he is to be believed is a different matter entirely. Rascal's primary occupation is that of performance, and many a noble court and dingy tavern alike have been graced with his beauteous songs and entrancing performances, assuming they are not tarnished by his pervasive and scandalous puerility. His wit is sharper than his blade and he fits well into the intrigue-ridden echelons of both high and low society alike.
[ edit ]
| Nobility: Nobility is a merit of quality - a badge of honour - and the natural-born heirs of the great houses are often more gifted than those of common blood. The more pure the connection, the better the noble. I'm all for meritocracy, and tolerate knights, but the superiority of noble blood should be duly recognised.
- Blackbacks: One always has to support one's own family, no? I wear the Blackback name like a medal and wish to bring it much fame, renown and prosperity.
- Knights: I commend them for their actions, of course: they are noble of action, but not necessarily of blood. I gladly accept these cuckoo-eggs, assuming they understand their place in the grand scheme of things.
- Disgraced Nobles: Noble blood does not guarantee noble people, so it seems - many are as savage, uncouth and base as the most reprehensible of the common rabble. They are thankfully rare.
- The Royal Family: I respect the royals and all they've done for Sweetwater and beyond but I disapprove of the lack of Blackbacks amidst the royal courts - we could prove a significant asset if only they realized our utility.
Combat: Fighting is a messy waste of life and there are usually other solutions, but I understand the appeal. There is no honour to be had in senseless violence and I will not shy from underhand techniques to ensure my own victory.
Alcohol: Loosens tongues, relaxes inhibitions, alleviates stress. Fine wines and liquors are amongst the greatest joys of life but cheap tavern-swill serves just as well in a hitch.
Sex and Romance: I fail to see why it's such a taboo topic - our current society is much too prudish. Even I understand when it is appropriate to bring this into discussion, however - I am no savage.
[ edit ]
| Nobility: It is not uncommon to see Rascal amongst noble courts, interacting with his fellow nobility in both formal and informal ways. He desires the company of such individuals and will gladly meet anybody with affiliations to the other noble houses, whether for friendly conversation or for genuine political discussion, although his concentration tends to wane during the latter.|
- Blackback:: As a member of the Blackback family, Rascal is, either to the betterment or detriment of his kinsmen, readily available to assist or interact with his fellow Blackbacks. He demonstrates noticeably more compassion, kindness and empathy towards those who belong to his family or are loyal to its interests.
- Courtly Intrigue: Rascal is heavily interested in the exchange of compromising information, and will gladly discuss rumours, secrets and even mere speculations about the affairs of the nobles with those who share his passion. This is mostly lighthearted in nature, although he is not adverse to discussing some even the most scandalous of topics with those he trusts.
Performance: Rascal is, first and foremost, a performer of some renown. He is quite skilled in his profession, to the point where some may wish to call upon him for public or private performances of his talents - most of the time, he will be glad to do this. He respects those also versed in his craft or those knowledgeable about techniques and styles of performance and is eager to learn new tricks.
[ edit ]
"Draw me like one of your French skunks."
(Art by Lyas)
[ edit ]
| Full Nomenclature: Erasmus Calix "Rascal" Blackback, Jr.|
Clan: Graceful Clan
Species: Striped skunk
Date of Birth: 19th July, 458
Height: 5'8 / 172cm
Build: Lithe; nimble; unimposing.
[ edit ]