|Adventurer Rule #7: Be the centre of attention!|
|When Rainer is a household name, you'll be able to say "I shared a meal with that guy!"|
[ edit ]
- Boundless Enthusiasm - Long after any rational being has given up the fight, he remains in the thick of things, always convinced that victory can be snatched from the jaws of defeat. Whether it's on the field of battle or exploring the depths of long forgotten ruins, he never doubts his ability to carry the day.
- Self-Sufficient - Accustomed to spending extended periods away from civilization, he's something of a wilderness survival expert, capable of getting by with nothing but his wits.
- Meager Possessions - Material wealth does not interest him. He spends money as quickly as he comes into possession of it, content to own only the clothes on his back and his swords.
- Will and a Way - Some call him careless, others, reckless, and a few are convinced he's just plain crazy. He ventures into the unknown with abandon, and with no apparent thought for his own safety, or that of those around him. If there's a button, he'll push it. If there's a trap, he'll spring it. If there's a way forward, he'll find it. And if there isn't, he'll make one.
- Code of Conduct - Covering many aspects of life and living, he follows a set of thirty "Adventurer Rules" which guide his behaviour and form the basis of his morality. Karma tends to bite him in the bum whenever he defies the spirit of a rule, or lets one slip his mind in the heat of the moment. It's unclear if he devised these rules himself or learned them from someone else during his travels prior to arriving in Firmament.
[ edit ]
- Sally - You know I'll always have your back -- but is what we're doing really right?
- Angus - What's happened to you? You used to be so care-free...
- Jera - I owe you a debt I fear I may never be able to repay.
- Mazurek - I have done so much wrong by you in confusion and anger. Even though I have your forgiveness, I'll never believe I deserve it.
- Thelergramor - It's not that I don't trust you, but I'm keeping both eyes on you.
[ edit ]
|Adventurer Rule #14: Never abandon someone in need.
Rainer's raison d'etre is to explore every corner of Promise and, in the process, find every lost ruin (and the secrets contained within), securing his place in the annals of history as the World's Greatest Explorer. The further his travels take him from civilization, the better, as far as he's concerned.
Rainer serves the Sweetwater Army as a member of the Solacious family's Divine Sentinel Unit. When he has to. Or when it's convenient for him.
Rainer's paycheques tend to all end up in the coffers of the Freeswords Inn. When he hasn't accidentally drank himself into a stupor, he likes to regale any poor fool who doesn't know enough to turn down his offer with tales of his exploits.
Who doesn't love friendly competition? Rainer is always happy to undertake any challenge, even if he's horribly outmatched or completely lacking in much-needed experience. He'll talk like he fully expects to win right up to his inevitable defeat, of course.
[ edit ]
- 6th October, 2012: Education Elemental - RPLOG
- 14th October, 2012: A Lone House - RPLOG
- 15th October, 2012: Golemantastic - RPLOG
- 16th October, 2012: Dance for the Moon - RPLOG
- 18th October, 2012: A Foreign Affair - RPLOG
- 21st October, 2012: Rissas Fraud - RPLOG
- 27th October, 2012: One Mans Poison is Another Bugs Treasure - RPLOG
- 28th October, 2012: Distant Artifacts - RPLOG
- 28th October, 2012: A True Taste of Defeat - RPLOG
- 29th October, 2012: Royal Flush - RPLOG
- 5th November, 2012: Opening of the Under Tunnels - RPLOG
- 15th November, 2012: The Arrival - RPLOG
- 20th November, 2012: WE GOT HIM BACK - RPLOG
- 5th December, 2012: A Kind Greeting - RPLOG
- 6th December, 2012: Council of Shadows - RPLOG
- 10th December, 2012: Egg Snatcher - RPLOG
- 28th February, 2013: Electrical Elemental - RPLOG
- 12th March, 2013: Regar first Act - RPLOG
- 19th March, 2013: Dresses and Lunars and Dagger oh my - RPLOG
- 20th March, 2013: Lost without an egg - RPLOG
- 25th March, 2013: Shades of Justice - RPLOG
- 2nd April, 2013: Extracurricular Activities - RPLOG
- 3rd April, 2013: BatStory - RPLOG
- 7th April, 2013: Mining Rights - RPLOG
- 11th April, 2013: Cavern of Forking Paths - RPLOG
- 22nd April, 2013: Mosquitos Bite - RPLOG
- 23rd April, 2013: Maritime Party - RPLOG
- 6th May, 2013: A grand device and histories home - RPLOG
- 17th May, 2014: Plagued Beast - RPLOG
- 20th May, 2014: Rascal Rescue - RPLOG
- 24th May, 2014: Test of Strength - RPLOG
- 28th May, 2014: Militia training day - RPLOG
- 1st August, 2014: Hwa Cha - RPLOG
- 14th August, 2014: The Madness of Ryusho - RPLOG
- 17th August, 2014: This Was a Triumph - RPLOG
- 18th August, 2014: What are you going to do when they come for you - RPLOG
- 23rd August, 2014: Entrance to the burning dungeon - RPLOG
- 30th August, 2014: Deeper into the rabbit hole pt1 - RPLOG
- 3rd September, 2014: A far too long dungeon run - RPLOG
- 9th September, 2014: Cry of the Mountain - RPLOG
- 26th September, 2014: The one with the swamp cannibals - RPLOG
- 19th October, 2014: Casstle Parties - RPLOG
- 25th October, 2014: Selkark's Moving Island - RPLOG
- 27th October, 2014: The Shrew in the Cervice - RPLOG
- 7th November, 2014: Heating Up - RPLOG
- 9th November, 2014: I See Fire - RPLOG
- 10th November, 2014: The awkward party with the kid - RPLOG
- 16th November, 2014: Dangerous ground - RPLOG
- 14th December, 2014: Holly, Jolly, and Things That End in Olly - RPLOG
- 31st December, 2014: Snowmark Swansong - RPLOG
- 29th March, 2015: Solacious Bonding - RPLOG
- 18th April, 2015: Caged basilisk and gunshot victims - RPLOG
- 26th April, 2015: Light Conversation and Shady Secrets - RPLOG
- 4th May, 2015: Assault on Firebough - RPLOG
| Full name: unknown
Species: Grey Wolf
Date of Birth: Spring 459 (best guess)
Place of Birth: unknown
Apparent Age: Late Teens
Concept: Treasure Hunter
Weight: 152 pounds
[ edit ]